Xonar Technology Inc. Privacy Statement
Last modified: December 1, 2023
Your privacy is important to Xonar Technology Inc. (“Xonar” or “we”) as is your trust in our products and services. We want you to know that the information you share with us will be treated with care. This Privacy Statement addresses what personal information we collect and how we handle the personal information shared with us.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information we obtain from and about individuals visiting our website, or interacting with Xonar about our products and services. It does not apply to personal information we obtain in our capacity as an employer. Certain products and services may be subject to other privacy statements independently or in combination with this Privacy Statement and should be reviewed by the consumer. Any mobile applications may have separate privacy statements, as described in the Mobile Applications section below.
Key points about our information practices:
We may collect information about you, such as name, address, email address, phone number, and performance data through your use of our products or services, and others who provide information to us. See below to learn more.
We may use your information to provide products and services, to maintain customer relationships, for safety and product research purposes, to provide customer support and service, and for marketing. See below to learn more.
We may share your information as required by law, within Xonar, with our affiliates, service providers, and business partners. See below to learn more.
Cookies and tracking
Third party products and services
Through the use of our products and services, you may be able to access third-party services, applications, and websites not controlled by us or covered by this Privacy Statement. See below to learn more.
Access and update
You may access your online accounts to update your information or you may contact us to learn about how to do so. See below to learn more.
California privacy rights
California residents have certain rights regarding the personal information we disclose to third parties for their own marketing purposes. See below to learn more.
We maintain reasonable and adequate security controls to protect your information and require our service providers by contract to do the same. See below to learn more.
We keep information for as long as necessary to provide our products and services, operate our business, and comply with legal obligations. See below to learn more.
Our website does not target or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13. See below to learn more.
International data transfers
We maintain appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by law for international data transfers. See below to learn more.
If you have concerns or questions regarding our consumer privacy practices or this Privacy Statement, please contact us at 800-934-0348. See below to learn more.
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will do so by posting additions or modifications to this page. See below to learn more.
As you interact with Xonar, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you as further described below.
You may provide us with information about you through a number of sources: Xonar website, applications, surveys, and social media platforms. We also collect information that is publicly available. We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, and number of page views. We may use your information for the purposes set out in this privacy statement.
We may combine information that we receive from the various sources described in this Privacy Statement, including third-party sources, with information you provide and use or share it for the purposes identified below.
The types of information that we collect about you may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information (such as name, address, city, state and ZIP code, email address and telephone number)
- Payment information (such as your credit card number, CVV code and expiration date)
- Information about your connected devices (such as mobile phone, computer, or tablet) and how you interact with our products, services, apps, and websites (such as IP address, browser type, unique device identifier, cookie data, and associated identifying, and usage information
- Demographic information (such as gender, date of birth, marital status, and household composition)
- Marketing profile information
- Investor information (name, address, phone number and email address)
- Stockholder services information (such as account information)
The information we collect about you may be used:
- To provide products and services and maintain customer relationships
- To improve the quality, safety, and security of our products and services
- To administer your account(s) and process your payments for products and services
- To operate our websites and applications, including online registration processes
- To facilitate and support GM dealer and supplier diversity programs and GM grant programs
- To autofill data fields on our websites to improve your online experience
- To develop new products and services, including connected, autonomous and car-sharing products and services
- To provide customer and vehicle support and service (such as recall information)
- For warranty administration and validation
- To provide information and product updates
- To evaluate vehicle performance and safety as described in the vehicle owner manual
- For research, evaluation of use, and troubleshooting purposes
- To verify eligibility for vehicle purchase or incentive programs
- For marketing and analytics purposes
- To support the electronic signature and delivery process between you and your dealer
- To customize and improve communication content
- To comply with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements
Communications with you in connection with these uses may be via mail, telephone, e-mail, text message, social media, and other electronic messages.
Xonar may share information collected from you:
- With our service providers who work on our behalf and who do not have an independent right to use the information to which they have access or that we disclose to them
- With our business partners for our marketing activities, business partner marketing activities, or both
- With third parties for research and development purposes
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a law enforcement request
- As required by law, such as in conjunction with a subpoena, government inquiry, litigation, dispute resolution, or similar legal process
Apart from the purposes listed above, we will not share information about you with other third parties.
To measure site activity, provide a better user experience, and tailor our marketing communications, we or our service providers or business partners may compile information from the cookies, pixel tags, web beacons or other technologies on our websites. This information may be combined with other information collected online or offline about you, including data provided by third-party sources, and may be used or shared for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
Xonar may offer certain mobile applications that you may download to your mobile device. When you download a Xonar Application, there may be an opportunity for you to provide us with information or for us to obtain information about you. Each Xonar Application will display a separate Privacy Statement that will inform you about how any information is collected, used, and shared via the application and how to decline such use or uninstall the application.
Third-party services, applications and websites
Through the use of our products and services, you may be able to access third party services, applications and websites not controlled by Xonar or covered by this Privacy Statement. We recommend that you carefully review the Privacy Statement of other third-party services, applications and websites before providing any personal information.
Access and update
You may contact us, as provided below, to learn about how to access, review, correct, update, or delete the information about you in our records. To have your mail, email, or telephone information updated please call us at: 800-934-0348.
California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties, for the third parties direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our designated address and receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by calling 800-934-0348.
How we safeguard your information
We maintain reasonable and adequate technical, administrative, and physical security and confidentiality measures designed to help protect your information from unauthorized access or acquisition. We also require by contract (other than in an emergency situation) that third-party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also undertake to provide such security and confidentiality measures in accordance with industry standards.
How long we keep your information
We may keep the information we collect for as long as necessary to provide products or services to you, to operate our business, to enable us to communicate with you, for our safety, research, evaluation of use, or troubleshooting purposes, or to satisfy our legal or contractual obligations. Where required, we will anonymize or dispose of the information we collect when we no longer need it for the uses described above.
Xonar’s website does not target or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13.
International data transfers
When we receive information from entities in Europe, we comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland.
We store your information in the United States. Where information is transferred from the EEA to the United States and other non-EEA jurisdictions, we implement standard contractual clauses and other mechanisms to protect such data.
How to contact us
If you have concerns or questions regarding Xonar’s Privacy Statement, you may contact us at 1-800-934-0348.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will do so by posting additions or modifications to this page.
Effective date: December 1, 2023
Last modified: December 1, 2023